August 24, 2023 by Tom Roberts, Esq.
Zoom Legal Consultation with Virginia Lawyer!
Sometimes you just need to speak to a Virginia attorney! You may have called a number of law firms and can’t get an attorney on the phone. Good News! At Thomas H Roberts & Associates, PC, we are in touch with the public. We are often able to point you in the right direction.
How do I arrange a telephone or zoom consultation with a Virginia lawyer?
Step 1 – PREPARE FOR THE CONSULTATION!
Prepare for the call! Lawyers are busy and charge for their time, opinion and expertise.
- Take time to frame a simple statement of the problem — e.g.,
- I was injured in a car accident;
- I was injured as a result of the negligence of another;
- I was defamed by the following statement [exact words], on [dates] and by [name of person/entity defaming you]. The statement was read or heard by [names if known, or “public”]. This caused the following harm…;
- I was falsely arrested by officer [name] on [date] and the charges/trial ended on [date];
- I suffered damages when [name/entity] breached the contract;
- Prepare a bullet point chronology of all the significant events.
- Prepare a list of all the important players and their contact information if you have it.
- Scan all of your important documents into your computer so that you can share the document with the attorney.
- Make a list of your questions.
Step 2 – CONFLICT CHECK – Make sure the law firm does not represent the adverse party!
CONFLICT CHECK – The 1st thing we must do is make sure that we do not have a conflict, that we do not represent the adverse party. UNTIL WE HAVE COMPLETED A CONFLICT CHECK – DO NOT SEND ANY CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION!!!!
You can text 804-783-2002 or email email@example.com “My name is ___, I want a legal consultation. The adverse party(s) is [name of persons, companies, entities on the other side involved in the dispute or problem]. Do you have a conflict? Can I arrange a consultation?”
Step 3 – Pay the Consultation Fee
PAY FOR THE CONSULTATION:
You will need to pay $400.00 into the firm’s trust account – which will cover up to 1 hour of an attorney’s time. If the consult extends past 1 hour, you will be charged at between $300 – $400/hour depending upon which attorney you are conferencing.
SEND YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION:
We need your name, address, email and telephone number and best times to reach you.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
We will review the issues and facts related to the matter(s) that you wish for us to review and provide to you our legal opinions based upon those facts.
NO GUARANTEE THE LAW FIRM WILL AGREE TO ACCEPT YOUR CASE:
During that consultation, we can discuss whether or not the law firm would be willing to represent you in the matter and the terms of that representation — there is no guarantee that the law firm will agree to represent you, even if the case has merits. In the event that the law firm agrees to represent you past the initial consultation, we will require a written fee agreement.
Category General | Tags: consult a personal injury lawyer in virginia, consult a richmond lawyer, consult a virginia civil rights attorney, consult a virginia civil rights lawyer, consult a virginia lawyer, contact a virginia lawyer, how do i reach a virginia lawyer, speak to a virginia lawyer, talk to a personal injury attorney, talk to a personal injury lawyer, talk to a virginia civil rights attorney, talk to a virginia lawyer, virginia lawyer
Sorry, comments are closed.