October 10, 2023 by Tom Roberts, Esq.
Nobody has cornered the market on good, although some have come close on evil. The Middle East is no different, but some simple principles are worth mentioning.
Hatred leads to conflict
- Hatred will always lead to conflict and suffering.
- Ordinary people suffer the most.
- There has never existed a nation of “Palestine”
- Israel as a nation first possessed the geographic area east of the Jordan roughly 3,000 years ago when after 40 years of nomadic travel, under the leadership of Joshua they immigrated across the Jordan River and possessed the land – Many years later, Assyrian king Shalmaneser III named a horrible Israeli King “Ahab the Israelite” among his enemies at the battle of Qarqar (853 BCE). Jews have continuously been in the land for 3000 years, despite multiple exiles and conflicts. (Babylonian, Assyrian, Syrian, Roman, etc).
- Those that hate Jews and spread such hatred seeking their annihilation are primarily responsible for the terrible suffering.
Peace/Co-existence versus Hatred
Fortunately, Israel will not be proportionate to Hamas’ attack.
On 10/11/2023, NATO’s Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg called for Israel’s response to Hamas to be “proportionate.” He stated, “[I] expect that of course when we see Israel responses it will be proportionate and it is important as this conflict continues to do whatever is possible to prevent the loss of innocent civilian lives.”
Fortunately, Israel’s response will not be proportionate. Israel will not target civilians. Israel will not rape the women. Israel will not target and kill the children and elderly. A proportionate response would be barbaric like Hamas.
Why Civil Rights?
Excerpt – Declaration of Independence: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,—That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness….”
The reason that this law firm engages in civil rights is not to tear down the United States of America, but to strengthen it by rooting out evil, abuse and to prevent the government from trodding on the rights of its citizens. The Judeo-Christian influence upon this country has provided a moral compass that influenced the foundations of our freedoms, recognizing that the freedoms are not Government issued, but inalienable God given rights — this foundation is eroding as the nation looses its moral compass.
Thomas H Roberts & Associates, PC condemns BLMChicago. Groups like BLMChicago are not seeking to secure Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness based upon endowed rights from the Creator, but support destructive hate. BLMChicago posted this despicable post celebrating the slaughter of innocent people.
Sorry, comments are closed.