Can I file a civil rights claim after my conviction was reversed for an illegal search or 4th amendment violation?

Posted Posted in General

So your conviction was overturned because the evidenced was suppressed under the exclusionary rule due to a violation of the 4th Amendment.  Does that mean you can file a civil rights suit against the officer for violating your 4th Amendment rights? Maybe… Here are the issues: Qualified Immunity Statute of Limitations 5th Amendment Risks Cost/Benefit […]